Before you start looking for a home you must know what you can afford. Speak with a home lender or mortgage broker to get pre-qualified and ultimately pre-approved.
No but you should have one. As a Real Estate Agent I have a fiduciary duty (legally mandated obligation) to you. This means I have a responsibility to act in your best interest. I make sure your private information is confidential and I account for the entire process (accounting to time tables) which includes documents and funds in the home transaction. As a Realtor I must have the knowledge to guide you all the way through close of escrow. I am expected to be loyal to you above any other party, including myself. I advocate and support your transaction and finally, I disclose relevant and material information that would affect the transaction.
To see more detail on the fiduciary duties see National of Realtors Fiduciary Duties.
As your realtor...
- Assist with locating a lender and any other professional services needed for the transaction
- Offer guidance and consultation
- Educate you with a thorough review of the local real estate market
- Help you understand the neighborhood, communities and quality of the local schools
- Provide custom arMLS home searches with your criteria
- Engage with you in a complete review of local area homes for sale
- Contact Listing Agents/Homeowners and schedule time for property visits
- Make suggestions on area homes not yet in scope
- Assist in narrowing your search to identify best property choices
- Protect you with contract contingencies, when needed
- Maintain continuous and quality communications throughout the home buying and escrow process
- Skillfully steer the negotiation process including prepping necessary forms for offers, counter offers, etc. for the best terms
- Coordinate, evaluate and advise on inspection reports, seller disclosures, preliminary title report issues, appraisal issues, HOA disclosures, escrow procedure, wastewater septic systems, wells, and home warranties
- Perform all tasks needed for the purchase contract on time
- Assist all the way through closing of escrow to ensure your interests are safeguarded